Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo Pro won't connect to Base

Base is connected to Internet, but when connecting Arlo Pro device, I don't get past the slow blinking blue. It was literally sitting on top of the base, but still could not find it.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Pro won't connect to Base

Success, finally! I guess it just took some patience and repeated efforts. As soon as it connected, it advised it needed a firmware update. Perhaps that was part of the problem?
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Guru

When pressing the base sync button, just briefly do so - don't hold it.

Power cycle the base and reinsert the battery in the camera. Can you sync now? Is this the first time it's been added to the system? If not, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and try again.

Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Just tried the above suggestion. It keeps blinking blue (slowly). At one point it blinked orange, so I charged it. Fully charged (which it probably was from the factory, like it said), still same problem. This is my first set-up for Arlo and I haven't gotten the one camera to connect. My devices show the base station, to which I am trying to connect the camera, but repeated attempts to sync the camera have failed.
Message 3 of 4
Aspirant

Success, finally! I guess it just took some patience and repeated efforts. As soon as it connected, it advised it needed a firmware update. Perhaps that was part of the problem?
Message 4 of 4