Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Any electrical experts out there? Although I have 2 Arlo solar panel's on order I have a question about powering 2 camera's off one solar panel. I have two front yard camera's within 2 feet of each other, one pointed towards the front of the house and the other pointed at the front door/porch area.

If I was to buy a microUSB splitter could I power both camera's off one panel assuming the panel itself is getting full sun? I'd much rather only have one panel mounted on my house then two for obvious reasons. 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Basicly, I'd say no... not gong to work with a splitter... but then you could always try it and let everyone know how it works

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
PS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.  Did you by any chance try connecting two cameras to one solar panel?   I have a similar situation and had the same idea.  Thanks.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I had planned on it but havent yet although many people thought it wouldn't work. Currently I have two panels mounted next to each other. Next time I'm near a Electronic's Store I plan to buy a spliter and at least try it. A splilter is pretty cheap so it's worth trying at least.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting idea but the output from the solar panel seems to be too low to drive two cameras unless they aren't being used at all.