Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
louie022
Tutor
Tutor

I recently got an update notification that Arlo has new "smart" features. I decided to subscribe for $2.99 as it says it will now only notify when it detects a "person". This is great as I will stop getting so many false alarms for cars driving past my house. It worked for a few hours, then I didn't receive any notifications at all and I saw that no videos were saved in the past day. I reset all the functions and made sure to have the notification checked for "people" checked and the notification for "other" unchecked. Still sends me all notifications, no matter what. No idea how to fix it. Any ideas? No sense in paying for this extra feature if it doesn' work.

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine has been iffy but seems to be working now. I would send a private message to james c the community manager. Contacting support usually proves useless as they dont have a clue and usually tell you to just reboot everything no matter what the problem is
louie022
Tutor
Tutor

So far, nothing has seemed to help and now the app notifies me 4 times when it detects movement becuase they had me reinstall the application so many times. It really gets under my skin when "improvements" are released that do NOT improve the system and only make it worse.

Robalboa
Apprentice
Apprentice

@louie022 wrote:

So far, nothing has seemed to help and now the app notifies me 4 times when it detects movement becuase they had me reinstall the application so many times. It really gets under my skin when "improvements" are released that do NOT improve the system and only make it worse.

you can fix the multiple notifications (from uninstalling and reinstalling the app) here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/How-To-fix-Multiple-Notifications-from-one-alert-on-Androi...

I had the notifications issue but not the motion detection issue.