Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fish403
Follower
Follower

Good evening ive been setting these cameras up for individuals who dont have technological abbilities or means to set up them selves after a string of break ins in our community 

my ? is how many gb of data is the system using per month with normal use and obvisouly the first 

month of playing with the app haha

Thanks Fish

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In real world, ( daytime ) 10 secs of video on the Pro is just a hair over 1 MB

( spec usage of system is 5 mins per day for battery life )

You do the math  🙂

PS:

FAQS are your friend;

How much bandwidth does an Arlo camera use when it is capturing video?

Each camera uses a different amount of bandwidth based on its video resolution settings. To learn how much bandwidth your Arlo system uses, add the streaming cameras’ bandwidth settings together. If a camera detects low bandwidth, the Arlo system automatically reduces the video stream settings to accommodate lower bandwidth. 

Note: The listed values are approximations.

Arlo Wire-Free Camera:

• Best Video. 700-750 kilobits per second (kbps)
  • Optimized. 450-550 kbps
  • Best Battery Life. 300 kbps

Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus:

• 1080P. 1500 kbps
  • 720P. 700 kbps
  • 480P. 300 kbps
  • 360P. 200 kbps
  • 240P. 100 kbps
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Great info from @TomMac......... Just to add my experience.....

I consider myself an above average usage person...... in that, using my phone on 4g lte, I probably look at videos and do live viewing 20-30 times a day easy, sometimes more, and I'll regularly watch 20 videos in a row at one minute a piece. I have 3 of my cameras record a fixed length of 1 minute and the 4th camera records when motion stops/starts. The 4th camera could be 20 seconds or 4 minutes of record time. With these record times and my constant watching of videos or doing live viewing, I've added about 2Gb of data usage each month. I never hook my phone to wifi, so if the person uses wifi while home and mirrored my usage they'd use less. I don't use wifi on phone because I pay for the data, might as well use it up. My guess is the avarage user would use less data than I do with the cameras, but if you have data to spare then I wouldn't worry about it.