Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro Fencing: Devices unavailable and

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Fuzzybeer
Initiate
Initiate

I've got the arlo pro a week now, and it worked like a charm. Worked. Since Yesterday the fencing option shows both my devices as Unavailable. I have 2 devices set up for fencing and followed all the steps noted on this forum. Enabling and disabling, even removed the account of my wife and granted her access again. Then i tried to give her admin permissions and set up the fencing with her phone. That seemed to work for a while, but this morning when i went out of the feincing zone, i got the message arlo activated the away mode. My wife' s phone was still inside the zone. I deactivated and activated both devices in the fencing settings and now they're in the same setting as yesterday. Not available.

I have an Iphone, my wife has an android phone. Both are up to date and are running the latest version of the Arlo app. 

Fencing is setup for 2 devices and on away mode it's set to the standard recording mode. When we're at home it' s set to the scheduling mode. 

I tried:

- Removing the complete access of my wifes account and invited her again: (worked temporarely)

- Granted her admin rights or removed them again, to see if changing it made her device available

- Activated and deactivated both devices in my Fencing settings

- Altered the range of the fencing settings

- Changed the home and away modi for fencing

- The last 3 steps were executed on both my wifes phone and mine.

Nothing works. I haven't seen any fencing topics lately. Is that because everyone has given up hope that fencing will ever work without any problems? I can't believe i'm the only one at this point of time. It's a pitty that i could only enjoy 5 days of the fencing option just to have a tast of it.

Anyone has an idea on how to make it work again? (Don't say reinstall everything, cause i don't want to reinstall everything every week when a system has the price an arlo pro has) 

I can even live with the option that fencing is buggy as hell and shows an occasionally "Arlo is now in away mode" and starts detecting motion when i'm at home (within the zone) and not moved a bit as long as this only happens 1 time a week and can be fixed by switching to planned mode and back to fencing mode.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Fuzzybeer wrote:

(Don't say reinstall everything, cause i don't want to reinstall everything every week when a system has the price an arlo pro has) 

I won't....

But will say when I used it, I found it 100% with one phone... Most issues come up with multi phones ( and IIRR, it's still listed as a beta )

Enough have the same issue,... but sometimes it also an issue with the newer phones and some of the background apps being hit by battery saving functions most of the large screened phones have.

All i can say is to call Netgear Support and see if the have a better answer and/or more trouble reports means faster fixes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------