Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro battery won't charge 1st charge

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
pmh924
Follower
Follower
Recently bought Arlo pro with rechargeable battery. After receiving notification that battery needed recharging I plugged into USB. Rapid orange LED flashes then flashes every 30secs or so whilst plugged in. Camera has also vanished from the devices list in the app. I've tried using 3 or 4 different USB cables and plugs. Basically the camera appears now to be useless after owning for less than 1 month
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sounds like a battery or camera issue. Pull the battery out and try running the camera with just the power supply. If that's good, swap batteries between cameras to see if the problem stays with the battery. In either case, it's a hardware problem so open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can NOT use a normal USB adapter to charge the Pro camera ...it needs the one supplied with it.

It puts out dual voltage at 5 v and 9v to run or charge the pack.

If the battery is an issue, ( if you have two swap it with another camera to test ) the warranty is a year from Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Trigmish
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just went two of my four camera batteries back because they apparently failed after 10 days. Now another has gone out. That is three of four. The odds of that are crazy. Is this a common problem? How do I have confidence to call this security if it can fail that often?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did they fail or did they deplete due to recording and live viewing?  Spec life is based on <5 minutes of both per day.  WiFi connection quality also can play into this issue.

Trigmish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know if the batteries depleted because when I plugged them in they would not charge and the camera would not turn on. Take the battery out and the camera works fine,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either swap at the store or open a case with support using the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

Seanmodious
Initiate
Initiate

I had a similiar issue.  Plugged the camera in but it wouldn't appear to charge.  With the help of tech support, I removed the device, unplugged it without the battery for 2 minutes, plugged it in and then resynched it with the base station.  This worked perfectly and the battery then showed that it was charging, the battery was at 99% and the camera would show live video.  The only thing that I had to do then was readd the camera to the modes I have setup.