Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Miktay
Guide
Guide
Just yesterday I used the talk back feature on my arlo pro camera. Today the microphone in the app just doesn't appear.

Nothing has changed in my settings. The microphone and speaker are still on. Nothing has changed in my phone permissions. The little icon just disappeared.

I tried rebooting the system. Checking for and upgrade and powering the mics on and off but it didn't work.

Please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Miktay
Guide
Guide

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE, Netgear is aware and should be revising the app ASAP

( IOS app mic icon is gone )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Miktay
Guide
Guide
Thank you!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are at least 4 other threads .... the MIC icon was somehow deleted in the latest iOS App release the other day for the PRO camera.

It does not effect the PC usage or Android app.

It will be fixed ASAP... but it may take a week +/-  due to Apple's app process of aproval

Morse is faster than texting!
rakurdi2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, at least now we can be relaxed knowing that there is a resolution for this proplem.
Kirkjhayes
Tutor
Tutor
Sloppy cut and paste
Miktay
Guide
Guide
My boyfriends works just fine on his iPhone, and his is running the same software as mine.

Kirkjhayes
Tutor
Tutor
I am running 2.4.2 released June 12th on 2 iPhones. Both have lost the microphone icon which enables the 2 way audio functionality. I'm amazed that this functionality got deleted in the latest release.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

barmenta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a thought, how about testing all the App functions before releasing a new version!!!!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Now you know who's in control with our system... A perfectly fine App that suddenly took a dump on us is a slap on the face.. 

Mnice526
Initiate
Initiate
How is it that my wife still has the mic icon and I do not. We both have iPhones and downloaded the app the same day.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

Miktay
Guide
Guide
This did not fix anything for me.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Miktay,

You may need to log out and sign back in to the app. If you're still having trouble, consider rebooting your mobile device and log back in to the app.

JamesC

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

You Guys may need to delete and re-download the App to make it Work also..

skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
Logging out of the app and logging back in works.
ray08
Initiate
Initiate

sorry but still it is not working ... i log out and in again and nothing happen .... Where is my mic icon ????? HELPPPPP

skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maybe trying to log out of the app, then close (force close the app) the app then reopen and log back in( that's what I did).
If that doesn't work maybe try to uninstall the app and reinstall the app.

Kirkjhayes
Tutor
Tutor
I deleted the app from my iPhone and reinstalled. It is working now.
JEFF43054
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having the same issue ... I have logged off and logged back on and still no Mic on My iphone 

ray08
Initiate
Initiate
Deleted the app and installing again !!! IT works!!!!!
RUFAST2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you ray08. Reinstall app its work! 🙂
rakurdi2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you ray08. I reinstalled the app and mic is back 👍🏻