Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro microphone not displaying.

Discussion stats
Miktay
Guide
Guide
Just yesterday I used the talk back feature on my arlo pro camera. Today the microphone in the app just doesn't appear.

Nothing has changed in my settings. The microphone and speaker are still on. Nothing has changed in my phone permissions. The little icon just disappeared.

I tried rebooting the system. Checking for and upgrade and powering the mics on and off but it didn't work.

Please advise.
75 REPLIES 75
Shibu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I reinstalled the app and logged out. it did not work for me on my IOS phone. Mic is still not showing.
Cholson_22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine still does not work. Do i need to update IOS as well?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes.
Cholson_22
Aspirant
Aspirant
IOS was up to date so I deleted the app and downloaded it again. The mic's work now.
stanser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Microphone is still not appearing after removing and reinstalling the app and restarting my iphone also.

stanser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still happening.  Please advise when this will be fixed.  Yes, I have relaunched the app, yes, I have rebooted my iPhone.  

An updated response would be great.  Last one is in June. Very frustrating.

Thanks.

DDiamond
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem but logging out then in again solved the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stanser,

You must log out of the app (Settings > Profile > Log out), enter your password, and log back in to resolve this issue.

JamesC

Milker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have lost my two way communication. My microphone has disappeared! ????? I have three pro cameras and I used it on several occasions, and then boom, it's gone!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And have you tried the two solutions posted here?

Milker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have reset my base.  I have signed off and resigned in.  I have updated my iPhone ios software and it is still missing?

rkloke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried logging out and logging back in.   I can see the microphone icon but it is grey and not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinstalling the app.

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Microphone missing on Android, Samsung Note 5

I have the microphone on my Samsung S6, both are running the latest OS which is fully patched

Tried logging out of the app

Cleared cache and cleared data in the app

Un-installed and re-installed

Rebooted the phone several times

All with no luch

Thanks in advance

Rick

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Toy4RickS,

Are you using a shared account on your S5 or are you logging in using the same account on both devices?

JamesC

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey James,

The main account is mine, I granted her access and from what we could see, her only option was to create her own account via the email invite.  She is seeing our devices no problem but no microphone icon.

Rick

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok. Got it working. From the grant access page you also have to enable the "allow access rights" feature basically making her an admin. Oh well at least it's working now
marthaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having same issue...microphone doesn't show up.
marthaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's been more than a month!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marthaj,

Log out of the Arlo mobile app by navigating to Settings > Profile > Log out. Enter your password information and log back in.

This should restore the microphone icon.

JamesC

Detour50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an android phone. I restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I still do not have the microphone icon. I have done this serveral times and only once has the microphone displayed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Detour50,

Are you logged in to the primary account or are you using a shared account through the Grant Access feature?

JamesC

Detour50
Aspirant
Aspirant
I share the account with my wife. Her phone is the primary.
Detour50
Aspirant
Aspirant

The microphone icon appears on her phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure that your guest account has the Allow Access Rights enabled for you in Grant Access.