Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo smart with Activity Zones not working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Quass
Follower
Follower

I have had my Arlo Pro cams for about 3 months, and the notifcations were so incessant that I had to actually turn off notifications entirely.  Not ideal for a home security system.

When the "Smart" service was rolled out recently, I signed up thinking that the Activity Zones would help with this issue, but I still get many many many false notifications, or notifications that are not in my "zone" as I defined it.

See the folling photos showing notifications:

IMG_1176.PNGIMG_1175.PNG

And then look where my activity zone is setup:

IMG_1177.PNG

Bascially, it's a high traffic street.  The Smart system has alleviated false positives because of cars driving by, but people always trigger the notifications.  I've tried turning off the "People" under smart, but then it just goes back to alerting me when cars drive by.

I don't know what to do, but if this continues I'm going to have to cancel the subscription and return the cameras.  The battery only lasts about 5 days because of how many alerts and recordings I get (50-100 per day!!).

Any help Netgear??

1 REPLY 1
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine dont work either and i have smart. I dont think the smart is so smart. When me or my wife walk by front door about 50% of the time it notifies me . the other 50 it records it as motion and doesnt notify me. Just another rollout that was not reseached properly before getting it to the consumer