Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Been trouble free for 3 months until now

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
For some reason I get an alert for rear of house so I go and check and its triggering the front of house camera, I haven't changed nothing in settings rebooted base reinstalled app and it's still doing it I don't know what the hell is going on at NETGEAR.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sound then like a glitch.... it would require you to remove both cameras and bring them back as new to fix the ARMED mode

( settings/ remove device )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Sorry I had it wrong, when getting notification it says rear of house but the motion detected is front of house this just started 2 days ago.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sound like the MODE your using has been change or glitched ( btw, you can set up the cams for A to sense and B to record)

Check the rules in the mode , esp for the front camera

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I'm not on a custom mode, front camera has motion dection but the notification says rear camera dection.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sound then like a glitch.... it would require you to remove both cameras and bring them back as new to fix the ARMED mode

( settings/ remove device )

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Many thanks TomMac the problem is resolved, as you said I had to remove the rear house camera and bring back as new and that fixed the problem. The rear house cam was picking up motion and triggering the front house cam (strange). The only thing I can think what happened was we were setting up a new tv (smart tv) with wireless and the tv is a wall hanger and the outside cam is almost behind the tv but on the outside of the house and I think while setting up the wireless tv it interfeared with the cam and confused it and that was about the same time I noticed the cam problem, I have the wireless turned off on the tv because we dont need it. Thanks again Tom.