Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
George150
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I turn off BLUE Blinking Light on the camera? The light blinking lets everyone know the camera is there. If not mistaken its for internet connection.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

when sycing, the camera are practically in your hands, not out where people can see them

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

You did not specify which model of camera you are using. Ususlly the blinking blue led on the camera means that the camera is trying to sync with the base station if it is blinking slowly and a rapidly blinking blue led means that it has synced. It should go off after a couple of seconds once it has synced. Are your cameras working normally? You may have a range issue.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this is the Pro section, I'll go with that as the model. In Settings, My Devices, your camera is a Camera LED setting that allows you to turn the LED off. Is that the issue here?

brh
Master
Master

But the blue led should not be flashing all the time, right?

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the BLUE led does NOT flash all the time...

It is solid blue if the camera pack is fully charged and flashes during sync ( unless you have the motion test feature on then it may flash there, unsure what color )

Led can be toggled off.

( one exception is the Q cams, which whn place near the edge of wifi range, the led will flash blue/purpleish )

George150
Aspirant
Aspirant
The settings has LED ON/OFF but only for battery charge. The Blue Light comes on/off when is syncing to wifi but i want it turned off permenately so people cant see it. The light is located on the right side of the camera lens when its in front of you. Thanks for all you help
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally, the LED is off, unless you are syncing  and the battery toggle is off.... don;t understand the issue ??

brh
Master
Master

I don't think you can turn the Led off for syncing or firmware updates. That is a safety feature to notify you not to turn off or open the battery door while these things are happening. But they usually only only last for a couple of minutes, so normally no one would pay any attention to it.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

when sycing, the camera are practically in your hands, not out where people can see them