Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buying a new house with Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
danntel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Community 

So it's my first time over here, i'm buying a house (the very first one), and i noticed today house come with Cameras, Listing Agent said it's Arlo cameras...i don't know about models or anything...but i do have some basic questions that i hope you can address 🙂

1) Will i be able to use Arlo App to synchronize the Base station and this 2 cameras?

2) Will i be able to add more cameras, like the Baby one, or more new things that Arlo offers?

3) If i buy new cameras, will it be compatible with the new base station?

For question 1) i believe current owners should just go into their application and remove/un-register the cameras and base station from their account, correct? Any detailed steps for this? In case sellers are not very techy?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, the owners need to remove all devices from their account so you can claim them using the app (or a browser). All they have to do is open their app, go to Settings, My Devices and go into each device (start with the cameras). Scroll down and choose Remove Device.

2) Yes, any Arlo cameras can be connected to your account. The free plan is for no more than 5 cameras but you can upgrade your subscription or use a second account to add more.

3) Any of the wireless battery-operated cameras work with any Arlo base. The Baby and Q cameras don't use a base station - they're self-contained.

danntel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I just noticed that cameras and Base Station says Netgear, instead of Arlo...not sure why...

If i buy another camera, lets say Arlo Pro 2, will it synch with this Base Station?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danntel,

Yes. All Arlo Wire-Free cameras (original, pro or pro 2) will sync to either the original or pro base stations.

JamesC