Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera suddenly off-line while checking it

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

This of course makes me mad as he!l while being out of the country on vacation. Just checked my cameras to see any activations and when I clicked on one camera, it caused it to go off-line. No reason in the world it should have, internet connection is perfect and battery is full. This happened one time before and it was a pain to get back up and running.

What causes this? I bought these cameras just so I could keep watch over my house while away. Is there anything I can do remotely to fix this? The camera was fine until I did something to trigger this when I clicked on it while online.

Thanks from Ireland!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there anything I can do remotely to fix this? 

Sorry, but No.   If the camera is offline, there is nothing that can be done remotely... It may require to be re-synced

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this show using both the app and a browser?  If so, your only possibility while being remote is to restart the base in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart (at the bottom).  Or if someone has a key, they could try power cycling the base.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestions. It happens on both the app and browser. I tried resetting the base from setting's but of course it didnt work.