Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
belcom
Initiate
Initiate

I already have one VMB4000 for my home, and I bought another for my office. However, I want to have separte login accounts for each. It seems this is not possible from my iOS interface or a web brower interface. 

During the setup, I select 'New to Arlo', as I want this to be a completely separate account from my existing home account. Then, I select 'Arlo Wire-free' as the product to set up (Arlo Pro Wire-Free HD Security Camera). Then, when the power and Internet LED's are green, I click 'Continue', per instructions. My device is discovered and I give the device a name. So far, so good. I click 'Continue'. Now, the trouble begins...

The next screen says 'Let's get started by entering your email', and I enter in a completely new email address, different from my existing home account. I click 'Next' and am then prompted to enter my password. Strangely, there is a 'FORGOT?' icon to the right of the password input area. I enter in a new password (to work with my new email address), and my only option is to SIGN IN. I don't want that. If I click 'SIGN IN', I get a return message 'the user name or password is incorrect'. 

It seems impossible to setup a new account if there is any trace of an Arlo Wire-Free system activated before this installation on my network. Do I need to go to a new network, new PC, new iPhone with all traces of any Arlo Pro product removed?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
belcom
Initiate
Initiate

Solved:

For the new Arlo device, you must use an email address which has never been used with any Netgear product before. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Very strange. I set up a new email account for a second system recently and it worked fine. Definitely try use Chrome or Firefox and not Safari or the iOS app. I'm sure the work computers would be fine as long as the base is on the same network as the computer

belcom
Initiate
Initiate

Solved:

For the new Arlo device, you must use an email address which has never been used with any Netgear product before.