Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can use talk back Microphone only when connected to wifi

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
dadzoid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can use talk back Microphone only when connected to wifi. When using Tmobile data  I can hear in the room but I cant talk to room icon shows connecting......... Others have same problem for months with no fix.  Iphone, ,current software,, correct settings,, T mobile,, LTE.  If this is not fixable maybe netgear should advertise that DATA two way communication not compatible with Tmobile Iphone LTE.  Doesn't anyone at netgear have Arlo and Iphone on tmobile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds more like a TMobile issue than an Arlo one but can't be sure.  Contact both TMobile as well as support here to see if the two can create a resolution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dadzoid,

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Lenji
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not yet purchased the Arlo 2, but I want to.  The only barrier is that I have read " T-Mobile uses IPV6 where Arlo Pro uses IPV4"  If so, I assume that I will never be able to "intercom" with an Arlo Pro 2 (connected to WiFi) and my t-mobile phone (over LTE network).  Has anyone else discovered similar information?

hedgehog26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue? Major disappointment about Arlo Pro right now.

DavyR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Microphone doesn't connect on my Iphone 6s via TMobile wireless network.

Wish I knew this before signing up with Tmobile and buying Arlo Pro system...

Please provide update when available. Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

DavyR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, James!