Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JohnD140
Follower
Follower

I have a 5 camera Arlso Pro system.  So far 3 cameras are installed and working OK mostly hit or miss, trial and error looking for advice via the community website.  All 3 are wired to outlets with Wassenstein 20 foot outdoor cables.  These have been OK . I now have three that work and 2 more on the way.  

Here are my problems:  the first two cameras show a battery icon with a lightning bolt thru it which is supposed to indicate charging.  One of those has started to time out in live mode after 15 to 20 seconds for no apparent reason.  Nothing has changed with the camera or system set up.  

The third camera had lots of throule getting it to work with the power cord, first not seeing the charger at all, then showing a red battery with an exclamation point (bad charger), then showing camera not working, then showing all is well with a PLUG icon.

What does the PLUG mean and why do the other camera sho a charging batteryinstead?? I cannot find anything but a passing reference to this.  

As the other cameras are going up next week, I could use some help. All are only reachable by tall ladder so power cords are a must.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do they work fine on the supplied adapter and cable.... If so then the problem exists with the 20 ft cable.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

JohnD140 wrote:

I have a 5 camera Arlso Pro system.  So far 3 cameras are installed and working OK mostly hit or miss, trial and error looking for advice via the community website.  All 3 are wired to outlets with Wassenstein 20 foot outdoor cables.  These have been OK . I now have three that work and 2 more on the way.  

Here are my problems:  the first two cameras show a battery icon with a lightning bolt thru it which is supposed to indicate charging.  One of those has started to time out in live mode after 15 to 20 seconds for no apparent reason.  Nothing has changed with the camera or system set up.  

The third camera had lots of throule getting it to work with the power cord, first not seeing the charger at all, then showing a red battery with an exclamation point (bad charger), then showing camera not working, then showing all is well with a PLUG icon.

What does the PLUG mean and why do the other camera sho a charging batteryinstead?? I cannot find anything but a passing reference to this.  

As the other cameras are going up next week, I could use some help. All are only reachable by tall ladder so power cords are a must.  Thanks

I'm using same cable as yours for 2-Pro cams outside.. So far it's been working fine with no problems at all.. Are you using the Arlo's power Adapter? I'm using 1-orig and this Adapter at frys.. Just make sure you use the proper Adapter and make a good push of getting that cable inside the cam's micro USB to get a proper connection.. Sometimes it's an App glitch delay that you'll see this weird icons such as Plug or red battery with exclamation point stuck after opening the App.. Usually exiting the App and come back will fix it most of the time to a normal state.. But if in your case doesn't then you might have a faulty cable.. Hope this helps a bit..