Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lpacheco22
Follower
Follower

Hey Everybody:

I know you have read these questions a few times but I still have some doubts.

I want to know if there is continous local storage via usb. I ask these because I would like to record activity in my home from 9am to 6pm from Mon - Fri. 

Also I would like to know if's possible to have countinuos power for a Arlo Pro camera since it would be recording at least 9hrs a day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , realize that the Arlo cameras ( both Arlo and Arlo Pro ) are 'motion detect then record' type of cameras

That being said, Not really re continuous record... but your can get close to it

Anything recorded to the cloud is also recorded to the local drive( Pro unit only). you can use up to a 2Tb usb drive/ speed stick.

As to full time record, there is a max time limit of 2 mins ( IIRR ) at which time if motion continues, the camera will reset the trigger and record again for the set time...reset on the Pro takes about 10 seconds before a new file is recorded

As to power to the Pro...YES.   you can even pull the battery if wanted and just run it from the adapter and cable that was supplied with the Pro.

( or leave the battery in for power failures , it will not harm the battery if AC powered all the time )

Second,  What sound better suited to your needs is the Q camera ( indoor rated ) which runs only on AC, has a hgher rez ( 1080 ) and is meant to record all the time .... there is even a CVR option to look back at a full days recording if wanted OR view just the triggered events in the Library like you do now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , realize that the Arlo cameras ( both Arlo and Arlo Pro ) are 'motion detect then record' type of cameras

That being said, Not really re continuous record... but your can get close to it

Anything recorded to the cloud is also recorded to the local drive( Pro unit only). you can use up to a 2Tb usb drive/ speed stick.

As to full time record, there is a max time limit of 2 mins ( IIRR ) at which time if motion continues, the camera will reset the trigger and record again for the set time...reset on the Pro takes about 10 seconds before a new file is recorded

As to power to the Pro...YES.   you can even pull the battery if wanted and just run it from the adapter and cable that was supplied with the Pro.

( or leave the battery in for power failures , it will not harm the battery if AC powered all the time )

Second,  What sound better suited to your needs is the Q camera ( indoor rated ) which runs only on AC, has a hgher rez ( 1080 ) and is meant to record all the time .... there is even a CVR option to look back at a full days recording if wanted OR view just the triggered events in the Library like you do now.

Morse is faster than texting!