Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Nate650
Follower
Follower

Does the Arlo Pro base station extend the main Wi-Fi signal or is it dedicated to the Arlo cameras?  I have my main router/gateway downstairs and want to run an Ethernet cable from the router/gateway downstairs to the base station upstairs.  Would this improve my general Wi-Fi coverage upstairs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Nate650 wrote:

Does the Arlo Pro base station extend the main Wi-Fi signal or is it dedicated to the Arlo cameras?  I have my main router/gateway downstairs and want to run an Ethernet cable from the router/gateway downstairs to the base station upstairs.  Would this improve my general Wi-Fi coverage upstairs?

The Arlo pro base station is self-contained and does not extend your wireless network.  You can't connect any device but arlo cameras to the base. If you need better wireless coverage upstairs, consider getting a wireless extender.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Nate650 wrote:

The Arlo pro base station is self-contained and does not extend your wireless network.  You can't connect any device but arlo cameras to the base. If you need better wireless coverage upstairs, consider getting a wireless extender.