Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Piper1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up an Arlo Pro for my elderly parents. They don't understand apps, etc. I would like to have an email sent to me if there is a low battery reported on one of the cameras so I can go change it for them. Is there a way to do this?

If not, please add as a feature request.

What would be ideal would be a setting for and email (text, push notification options) for System Level issues such as...

Low Battery Condition

Loss of Connection on a Camera

Loss of Connection on the Base Station

...that sort of thing. The email notification would have the ability to add an email for these types of alerts. I'm not wanting to get alerts for motion, etc. The Low Battery notification would be the most important, the others would be nice-to-have.

Thanks....Piper

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

As long as you are set up as the account owner then you will get a low battery warning email from Arlo by default. This will happen even if notifications are set to off.

Piper1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks and yes I understand that. The problem is I am not the account owner, my father is. I was requesting a way to add a different email for system level notifications.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be possible to create a filter with your father's email provider to automatically send such emails to you, also.  I use Gmail and have various filters set up so that when certain emails are received they're also forwarded to my wife.