Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing doesn’t work when I return home

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Peterp416
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi All - I’ve enabled geofencing which works initially to detect when I’ve left my radius. However, when I return, even though the map in the iOS app correctly shows me as being at home, under enabled devices, my phone remains flagged as “out of zone.” There doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to reset this. I contacted Arlo support and they suggested I delete and reinstall the app, which I did, and it fixed the problem until I left the “home radius” again.

Has anyone else experienced this?
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Peterp416,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

Peterp416
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much. Interesting, now that I've done that instead of "out of zone," my iPhone has a grey "unavailable." I tried restarting the app, and doing the process again, no change. I changed the mode to geofencing (from disarmed that I had manually set because the geofencing wasn't working) and now it seems to pick it up properly as "in zone." I'll monitor this to see if the problem comes up again.