Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing problem with multiple enabled devices

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
diyguy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Everyone and JamesC   :>))

I saw this solution in an earlier closed discussion:

"Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save."

To me this is a workaround.  How can I guess when my wife of daughter have left the house in order to "refresh"  Arlo's geofencing?   I might as well tell them to arm when the last one leaves.  Does this not defeat the purpose of geofencing.  I bought this system just for that feature to work.  I can't tell you how many times the system did NOT arm because the status shows that both my wife and daughter's phones where in zone, when they left hours ago.  This is very frustrating because they both have their own accounts, accepted my grant of access and when in sync the "odd" time, the system arms properly after they leave.  Then it gets out of sync and the other 2 devices will be marked as "in zone",  "out of zone" until I disable and enable the other 2 devices multiple times.  Sometimes, this refresh does not work, and I end up disabling both so my phone will arm the system.  My phone being the primary seems to work properly if it is the ONLY enabled geofencing device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
GTunney
Apprentice
Apprentice

I know this doesn't help you much but I'm having an absolute nightmare with geofencing lately.

It used to work perfect but now my phone just stays in zone until I enable / disable it in the devices list.

I'm finding myself nearly every day having to do this. It's really starting to annoy me and I've even looked into using IFTTT to handle the geofencing for arlo.

Come on Arlo sort it out.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it the problem where the other phones have an apostrophe in the name? eg Lucy's iPhone

If so, the geofencing has problems with some characters in the names of the phones

GTunney
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had this problem last time and renamed all my phones without special characters.

It seems to have started happening with the last app update. before that it was quite stable.

diyguy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll try renaming the 2 other phones when they come home later tonight and post the test results.  They do have "-" (dashes) in between the names.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I hope Arlo fixes this.  I am in the software industry so it should be a quick fix.

AndrevS
Tutor
Tutor

Did renaming resolve your issue?