Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having trouble setting up modes/rules and schedules for multiple cameras Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wokkywalky
Initiate
Initiate

I have installed multiple cameras in and around my house and I am trying to figure out how to set it up so cameras can be set to record differently.

I am looking for a way to have this set up

Camera A - Armed to record whenever there is motion detected 24/7

Camera B - Armed to record whenever there is motion Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm

Camera C - Armed to record whenever there is motion detected 24/7

I keep messing around but the limitation I keep finding is that the system will only let you activate one mode at a time. Is there a solution I haven't figured out yet or is this a limitation of the software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, you set up your custom modes as you need the various cameras to be armed or not and then set these modes into the proper time slots in the schedule. You need two modes with one for all cameras and the other with just the two 24/7 cameras. Saturday and Sunday will use the all camera mode while weekdays will use the all camera between 7AM and 4PM and the two camera one from 12:00AM to 6:59AM and also from 4:01PM to 11:59PM.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, you set up your custom modes as you need the various cameras to be armed or not and then set these modes into the proper time slots in the schedule. You need two modes with one for all cameras and the other with just the two 24/7 cameras. Saturday and Sunday will use the all camera mode while weekdays will use the all camera between 7AM and 4PM and the two camera one from 12:00AM to 6:59AM and also from 4:01PM to 11:59PM.
wokkywalky
Initiate
Initiate

That worked! I didn't realize it could be done that way because the design wasn't particularly intuitive. Thanks for your help