Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 25 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
techbrian
Guide
Guide

I wonder if Netgear put the Apple auth chip in the new base station so they can enable homekit support for Arlo cameras?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

techbrian,

There are discussions on this topic within the Arlo Idea Exchange. The Arlo development team routinely reviews these posts for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system.

I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

mitchellbrand
Star
Star
Unfortunately the base station probably does not have the Homekit chip installed. I only say this because any device that is HomeKit compatible has it advertised on the package and the compatibility is well advertised as well. However, we can still hope!!
CooperCGN
Guide
Guide

I just got an email from Netgear, they're working on a software based solution. It's also confirmed here (in German) https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Gedankenaustausch/HomeKit-f%C3%A4hig/idc-p/1302141#M570

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice
D-Link, Ring, Logitech, Netatmo all have cameras with homekit compatibility now. I have avoided purchasing arlo Pro cameras and I will certainly switch to another vendor if Netgear doesn’t implement compatibility!
waxwing1
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed! Lack of HomeKit is a dealbreaker. The camera's look good but with the rest of my system HomeKit compatible, there's no way I'll start adding cameras that aren't.