Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I change motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Welp
Tutor
Tutor
Hi. I just installed two arlo pro cameras. I want to adjust motion sensitivity. I go to settings for that camera, select motion sensitivity test, then adjust the sensitivity. But it doesn't give me any option to save, it just had a run motion sensitivity test tab. So I click that tab, but nothing happens. When I go back in, it is still set at 50% even though I changed it. I would appreciate any advice, thx.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your looking in settings, your adjustment is in MODE ( settings is for test only )

Go to MODE, pick your mode your using, click on the > to edit, pick camera and then edit, pick RECORD on motion and edit again , you will see a slider bar.

After ajustment to a higher level, back up one page and SAVE ( on bottom )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your looking in settings, your adjustment is in MODE ( settings is for test only )

Go to MODE, pick your mode your using, click on the > to edit, pick camera and then edit, pick RECORD on motion and edit again , you will see a slider bar.

After ajustment to a higher level, back up one page and SAVE ( on bottom )

Welp
Tutor
Tutor
Thx a bunch that did it
Llnjit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone tell me does a higher percentage make it more or less sensitive?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
More.
MNicoTarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity to motion on the Arlo Pro 2 so that a car going down the street doesn’t trigger an alert?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, just as with all the other cameras.

RobledoTheresa
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I adjust the sensitivity of my cameras so that they record motion.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sense level is done by editing the mode you are using...

basic info;

Edit the recording mode (probably ARMED) and edit the rule for that camera. Next to "Motion is detected" there is either a pencil or a > symbol. Click that. A slide with appear with the sensitivity. It's probably on 80. You'll have to experiment with it to get to the right setting. After you change it, click back. Then scroll down and click SAVE. Don't forget to save or the sensitivity won't change