Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keep only outside cameras on when I am home

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can someone please tell me the step by step instructions to do what i want to do. First let me tell you what it is that i am trying to do. I would like to always keep on all my outside Arlo Pro cameras all the time abd would like for the inside ones to go off when I am at home.

The easiest solution would be to always keep the outside ones on (and when i need to turn them off manually such as when i am cuting the grass), and to have the inside ones turn on and off by the geolocation.

Is this possible? If so how? I tried to see if there was a way to "split" the outside and inside cammeras up but there is not that I am aware of which makes it impossible to put the cameras on a schedule since i always want the outside ones to be on even when I am at home.

I know what I am wanting to do but dont know of there is a way that it can be done and if so I do not know how to get it done. I will say that i have been trying to do this with my phone. Os there more options when using a PC to set things up? If so then that might be my issue. If not and there is a way to get this done can someone please be so kind to type out the instructions step by step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ditchdoc,

It sounds like you want to use Geofencing and set the "Home" mode to a custom mode and the "Away" mode to Armed. This will allow all of your cameras to be Armed when you are away and only specific cameras to be armed when you are home.

Start by setting up a custom mode containing only rules for cameras you want Armed when you are home (outdoor cameras). Then apply that custom mode to your Geofencing Home mode.

If you need assistance on how to set up a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure there's a way.  It's called custom modes.  The FAQs and videos haere will step you through it. Basically, you use the Mode tab, select your base and create a custom mode ( or many). Add camera rules for any cameras you want to record - any camera without a rule is disarmed.

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

can you tell me how step by step? I believe u r wrong on this one trust me i have tried to no avail.

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

i believe you answered this once before and even put a link in the reply and i have that and read it and its a no go.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ditchdoc,

It sounds like you want to use Geofencing and set the "Home" mode to a custom mode and the "Away" mode to Armed. This will allow all of your cameras to be Armed when you are away and only specific cameras to be armed when you are home.

Start by setting up a custom mode containing only rules for cameras you want Armed when you are home (outdoor cameras). Then apply that custom mode to your Geofencing Home mode.

If you need assistance on how to set up a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Well duh....I was trying to set it via schedule instead of geofencing.