Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Hreinshagen10
Follower
Follower

When I am logged into any of my cameras via the network the receiving microphone on the camera seems to cut in and out so I don't hear all of the audio that's coming through the camera.? Is there a Fix for this? This seem to happen after there was an update to the system via the website? I saw a notification saying do you want to update so I chose yes and that's what my problem started

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base and maybe reinsert the battery in the camera to reset it.

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I started having the same issue.  Think it's been about 2 weeks.  I don't recall updating the firmware, but could have. Firmeware version 1.10.0.4_20963.

I can try restarting devices the next time I'm on location to see if that fixes anything.  (this weekend)

Vidalmata135
Tutor
Tutor
Same happens to me when I press on the camera to se live the sound cuts alot cant hear everything
Rocketmaster
Initiate
Initiate
My sound cuts in and out too. Very annoying.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you seeing the same behavior across all clients (iOS/Android and web)?

Which client are you using that is behaving this way?

JamesC

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the issue using multiple Android devices, Windows 10 using Firefox and Chrome browser.  Made sure to listen using a camera that showed it had full connection to the base.   I  hope to reboot the base this weekend to see if that fixes anything.  Thanks

Rocketmaster
Initiate
Initiate
The recorded sound is good it’s only a problem when I listen live..
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I'm still losing audio after updates and a reboot. When are we going to get a fix for this issue?

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I rebooted both of my base stations,  charged the cameras and I'm still getting the issue with the sound when live.  

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 2 base stations. I rebooted both of them this weekend and I'm still getting the audio spastic issue.   I added a Pro 2 to the mix and it's doing the same thing.  I would deduce that it's not the cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with push to talk.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your microphone cutting in and out is your video feed pausing for a brief second constantly. I have had constant issues with my live play video pausing and lagging about 1 minute behind. It started after the last update. I spoke with one of their techs last week and he advised me that it was due to my internet speeds. I’m at the bottom of the required upload speed (1Mbps). I have had the system for over a year and it has never been a problem until this last update. Since speaking with the tech last week, I have seen countless people posting the same problem on the message boards. I have interacted with several, and they have much faster internet speeds than me. I have also taken my base station and one of my cameras to another home with internet upload speeds 10x faster than mine. Same issue. Live feed cuts in and out and lags behind 30 seconds to 1 minute. I have already tried everything they suggest. Rebooted the base station multiple times and tried changing the flicker adjustment on the base station, which took 2 of my 4 cameras offline even after I changed it back. Nothing is working. They seem to only be concerned with the notification issue at the moment. 

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

We don't use IOS,  we use Android and some times Win10 via Firefox or Chrome. 

davey04
Initiate
Initiate

same issue here , recorded feed audio clear , live feed audio has a bad stutter, happens on all 3 cameras 

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

These folks are unreal. Just can't stay out of their own way. I had a support tech helping me troubleshoot this issue. He offered to send me a new camera to test. Asked for a few additional pieces of information before he did. Then they launched their new my.netgear.com site, and the support case was erased. I can't respond to the tech at all. Incompentence at an amazing level. 

Vidalmata135
Tutor
Tutor
Yes my friend that started since the last update and they just say is the internet speed which is not really annoying when you wanna use live video to interact with visitors
Cleid
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also experiencing the same problem.!
Red33
Star
Star

I’m having the same problems using 2.5.3 and a iPhone. 

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I posted this in another thread.

Since the recent Arlo f/w and/or app update (2.5.4) the live playback while using the mic for 2-way audio is extremely choppy on my iPhone w/ iOS 11.3. Both the audio and video start lagging really bad. If I do not engage the mic everything is fine. This happens while I am on LTE with 30 Mbps down / 15 up or using my phone on a wifi hotspot with 90 Mbps down / 90 up. Base station has been rebooted multiple times - no change. This is yet another Netgear bug introduced.

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has there  been any acknowledgement from netgear of this issue?  They are looking in to it or something? 

graeme1968
Initiate
Initiate

I too have had this exact problem since May, seems they have released firware that breaks the live streaming for a great many number of people.

It's not reasonable to believe that Netgear do not know about this, and given how long the issue has remained it seems they just don't care. 

Sadly, this is the problem with the IoT and Cloud model. You buy hardware that is reliant on a cloud service, and if that cloud service goes away (discountinued), or they break the product (as in this case), there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Hopefully enough people complain about this and force Netgear to repair the damage they have done.

CocoAndUrschl
Guide
Guide
Same issue with IOS app 😞
Hope we will get any update soon !
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Tried it a couple of times.. I don't even bother using it.. All I wanted from this system right now is basic surveillance and even this simple thing Arlo's still messed this thing up.. Like the rest it was working fine before until this horrendous update.. This is a case of technology gone really bad.. You would think that the working firmware/app update would be just carried over to the new and everything would be just the way it was.. Guess not.. Talented Arlo Engineers/Managers sure have a way of doing something so they can still have jobs to do.. 

sethprejean
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought the 5 camera bundle from Costco (they had an $80 manufacturers discount) and then after setup I updated the firmware of all cameras before using them.

I am also expereincing this issue and I think we need to take action to prompt netgear to solve this.

I will give them 7 days to respond then I'm going to the BBB and a class action attorney to see if they will take this case.