Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Microphone will not Connect with VMS4430

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tomtiger
Guide
Guide

Just bought this system, may return it......motion detection works good,; however, microphone with not connect, what's the solution? When trying to connect, just get a spinning circle.  Can not get the green button before pressing for purple.  Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tomtiger
Guide
Guide

This is an Arlo Pro System for clarification!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check to verify that your phone has granted permission to the app to use the mic?

tomtiger
Guide
Guide

Yes, everything is on......seems to ba a problem when I am away from home???  Thank you for your reply.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

T-Mobile? They use IPv6 which is currently causing a problem.

tomtiger
Guide
Guide

Yes, We have T-mobile....can I correct? Thanks.

tomtiger
Guide
Guide

What is IPv6?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nothing you can do to correct the issue.  It's a T-Mobile/Arlo issue.

IPv6 is an Internet addressing scheme that has much more capability for the zillions of devices that need a network address - it has more address space.  The original IPv4 has run out of space - when it was first introduced, no one thought all the addresses could possibly be used. Then the Internet happened as well as mobile devices and the Internet of Things (thermostats, etc.).  There's a slow switch to IPv6 going on but there's work to do behind the scenes.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC