Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

How in the world can you configure 1 camera for live viewing only?  I dont want to trigger motion or audio but need to pick one so I select motion, then I need to pick what to do with that camera so I pick do nothing, then it wants me to configure an alert choice of email ort notification.  I don't want either but it will not allow me to set the camera mode without picking one of the 2 alerting options.

Any ideas?  This is dumb.

Thanks.

P.S.  Adding a custom mode produces the same results...in facvt I cant save the custom mode until I pick email or alert either.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Luddy wrote:

How in the world can you configure 1 camera for live viewing only?  I dont want to trigger motion or audio but need to pick one so I select motion, then I need to pick what to do with that camera so I pick do nothing, then it wants me to configure an alert choice of email ort notification.  I don't want either but it will not allow me to set the camera mode without picking one of the 2 alerting options.

Any ideas?  This is dumb.

Thanks.

P.S.  Adding a custom mode produces the same results...in facvt I cant save the custom mode until I pick email or alert either.

If you just ant to live view one camera, you do not need to do any custom modes. Just go to the device screen and hit the LiveView button in middle of camera.

Default , armed, turns on all the cameras for motion detected record...you only need to create custom modes if you want to split up the " all " group into singles,doubles 

With 3 cams you have all on , armed,.... But custom can give you A & B, B & C, A& C as additional 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------