Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
eli47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just upgraded my cel phone with a new model. My account was initialized using my older cel phone. Now that I have the new Cel phone, the Arlo system will not arm/disarm using Geofencing feature. What do I need to do to get my new LG G4 to work with my Arlo pro?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the app on the new phone and edit the settings in GF. Your phones are controlled there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GF works according to the phone's location services.  Make sure that's turned on and maybe try the different settings there.  Also, when you installed the app, did you allow all privileges?  If not sure, check them in your phone settings for the app.

eli47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I know how geofencing works, I think the issue is because the Arlo system is not picking up my new cel phone. Do I need to delete the application from the original cel phone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you disabled the old phone and enabled the new one in GF?

eli47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the Arlo app and IFTTT from the original phone. I am unsure how to enable the new cel phone on GF with the Arlo app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the app on the new phone and edit the settings in GF. Your phones are controlled there.
eli47
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I found how to edit the preferances within GeoFencing mode, by opening the edit {pencil} icon. I then deleted my old phones within that option, leaving only the current one.

That worked, however I might need to make other adjustments, because the system seems to arm itself even when I am home.

Thank you for the support.