Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PeteOSh
Follower
Follower

Hi there, 

I recently setup 4 x pro cameras around the home, mainly to watch the pup while we're at work to make sure he's not barking and whining. 

Having a few issues - perhaps the community has already answered these somewhere....?

1. Obviously we can set the cameras to record & send messages when it records sounds over a certain volume (e.g barking) & those settings are configured withing the Mode>armed> section of the site. However if I go into the schedule section (to get it turning on & off as per work hours) and try setting those camera reporting configurations in there, theres nothing there to adjust?.....I have to go back into the armed section and make the adjustments.....then go back into the schedule section? Is that right? That seems odd. 

2. Is there any way to create more than 1 arming rule / camera? For example, I want the camera to record video when it sees movement, however I only want to know in an email alert when it 'hears' the dog barking....I dont want to be spammed each time the dog walks by the camera, but I do want to know when he's alerting to something (thats his job). The software dosnt seem to allow multiple rules / camera. 

3. Can the IR lights be switched off? Like others, I have the same concerns about cameras being stolen and have a camera inside a window....old story....IR light is reflected into the camera at night.....so it essentially picks up nothing. If the IR light could be switched off, then I could setup a seperate IR floodlight outside & one would think the inside IR camera could see this outside IR light through the glass, thus illuminating any movement and so forth. Any experience with this? (Netgear, you need to put a GPS chip in them and have a stolen camera recovery process).   

Thanks in advance, 

Pete

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The schedule simply - wait for it - scheduling. You create modes to insert into the schedule. All settings are in your modes. You may need multiple modes with similar but different settings for different time periods.

To have more than one rule per camera you need multiple modes. The rule for a camera will define what happens when you use that mode. If you need a different operation for that camera, you must create a new mode with a rule that has the appropriate settings be.

The IR illuminators can be disabled by turning Night Vision off. However, with the exception of the Q cameras, motion detection won't work through a window since glass blocks to IR needed for the PIR.