Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

So from what ive been told by the very poor english speaking customer unservice reps is that Arlo got rid of the auto renew monthly subscriptions and the only way now to have any camera on a CVR plan and / or he only way to have anything higher then a basic plan is that you now have to pay for all of that a year at a time. Now im single ans make over $70,000 per year and even i cant afford that all at once for the number of cameras that i got. So had i knew that going in I would not have bought Arlo i would have went with something else. To the morons that cane up with this dumb idea just a FYI, most Americans live pay check to pay check. You are going to loose so many monthy sunscribers its not even going to be funny. I WILL SEE YOU IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. Either you refund me 100% of the money (plus the tax) that i spent on ur products or i sue you. you got 24 hours to let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

No one from alro reads these forums, except for one moderator, so they won't see your post here. This is a peer to peer forum. That said, I'm sure Arlo has in their contract that they reserve the right to change the plans and pricing structure at any time. Standard boiler plate for any business.

At $199 per year for the CVR plan for 1 camera, then $99 per year for each additional camera, I can see how that would get very expensive. However the subscription plan page does also say $19.99 per month per camera, so I'm not sure the customer service person gave you valid information.

Either way, you should go with a POE system with a dedicated DVR to record 24/7. Thta type of system will cost you about $1000 to $2000 depending on how many cameras you have, but it would be a one time cost, not a yearly plan. That's your best bet for a cost effective way to do 24/7 recording. 

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well I will have to have my lawyer I guess check into that to see if I can sue them or not (I pay them a retainer every year so its not like its going to cost me anything). If it turns out that your right and I cant sue them. Well I guess I got a new life mission of trashing everything NETGEAR for the rest of my life online, social media, ect (good thing I know a Cincinnati news anchor to get this on the news as one of those buyer beware type of storys). Just plain messed up to go from a monthly plan to making everyone pay for it for a year at a time. No Average everyday American can afford that. I got 12 cameras total, im on the highest plan they got, and out of the 12 cameras three of them are on the CVR plan. Not to mention this was a pretty dumb decision buissness wise, I wonder how many monthly subscription users like myself that they will loose because they to cant afford to pay thier bill for the whole year all at once. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you please screenshot the page where it says you need to pay a year upfront? All the KBs for all countries say that you can go on a monthly plan.
Also if cost is an issue for you, why don't you go on the $99 and $49 for subsequent cameras 14 day CVR plan as opposed to the $199 and $99 30 day CVR plan?

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-storage-is-...

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I think you may be getting worked up over nothing. Trashing netgear, news, lawyers….take a step back for a minute. The cost for your 3 CVR cameras is $395 per year ($199 + $98 + $98), plus your $99 per year for the other 4 cameras outside the 5 on the free plan, so you’re at $494 per year. I’m in your pay wage range and I pay several services those prices per year and I afford it fine. My Lexus car payment for one month is quite a bit more than that yearly cost. I do understand everyone’s budget is different, but that cost is not unreasonable and seems very affordable for the average middle class person.

That said….. the arlo subscription website still shows a monthly rate plan. If I were you I would call arlo/netgear back and find out for sure if the monthly rate plan still exists as their website shows.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ditchdoc,

When navigating through the subscription flow for CVR purchase, you have the option to select annual or monthly for your subscription period. You then are presented the credit card screen where you can check or uncheck auto renew for the subscription you chose on the previous screen. Take a look here:

Are you still experiencing an issue selecting a monthly CVR subscription?

JamesC