Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Normal background noise pick up?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi

In the attached clip, you will hear a background noise I get off all my cameras. This was taken in live mode. Is this normal amount of background noise as seems excessive If I was in that corridor it is perfectly silent, so irks like it's the camera. I have reduced the sensitively but that's about what it picks up to record. I can turn the sensitivity to the lowest and it's still the same background noise on live mode. I also have the babycam and so in live mode it's very distracting. Any thoughts please? It's like the microphone is on hyper sensitive, but can't see how you can turn it down for live mode?
5 REPLIES 5
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Sorry it won't let me post the video for some reason
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a link to it instead.  You can use the library, view the video and use the Share icon to get a link.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That seems normal for a quiet environment.  There seems to be automatic gain control (AGC) built into the camera which boosts the gain when its quiet so any noise is amplified.  Nothing is actually quiet so the background noise becomes noticeable.

My opinion, of course.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks

Wasn't a problem usually for normal useage but the same is on my Arlo babycam which is a real pain when you want to constantly watch a live feed.