Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rizzo1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn only one notifications off on my camera?

I would like to leave four on but turn the fifth one off because the dogs set it off constantly.

I don't want to move it to another location just turn the notifications off.

When I try to the save button won't highlight allowing me to save it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you working with the Default Mode, Armed ?

It should still function as alerts and pushes are camera selectable.,  but you should create a custom mode using MODE> ADD a MODE

and set up your cameras exactly like you want ( leaving the default alone )

In the mean while, reboot the base using the power button as that clears up a bunch of issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't change the action to Do Nothing, did you?  What mode are you trying to change?  App or browser?

Rizzo1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried in both the app and on the computer browser.

It will allow me to remove the check mark but not save it. In order to get out I have to hit cancel which

puts the check mark back on notifications..

Rizzo1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

It makes me think that I either have to have all 5 cameras on notification or none at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, that's not needed.  It sounds like your system is having an issue for some reason.

First, power cycle the base.  ANy difference?  If not, check Settings, My Devices for red triangles that denote that a firmware update is available.  You may be able to trigger the update by going into each device's Device Info section and click on the firmware section.  I've had mixed results trying that so leaving it overnight to automatically update is frequently the best answer.

What modes are you seeing in the Modes tab? Should be only Armed, Disarmed and the schedule (Geofencing, too, if using a mobile device).  What mode are you editing? If nothing is working, it may be fastest to try a reset by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Try changing the notifications again - it simply should work for you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you working with the Default Mode, Armed ?

It should still function as alerts and pushes are camera selectable.,  but you should create a custom mode using MODE> ADD a MODE

and set up your cameras exactly like you want ( leaving the default alone )

In the mean while, reboot the base using the power button as that clears up a bunch of issues

Morse is faster than texting!
Rizzo1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was in the armed mode. Something I've done must of worked.

The get notifications is still checked but I'm not getting them. 

Thank you for your help!

I ❤️ my Arlos!