Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

OK google & IFTTT & Stringify=awesomeness

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate, I tried posting this about 24hr's ago, and it never showed, so a Moderator might want to fix.

I've had my Arlo Pro's going on a month, and they are the catalyst that got me on my smart things addiction, now I have a samsung SmartThings hub, some smart lights, smart switches and a garage door tilt sensor, with more on the way. Thanks Arlo, LOL....

With that said I've been playing around with Stringify and IFTTT trying to figure out some cool things to do, and well I didn't come up with this idea, but saw something similar on the Stringify app, and modified it to my system. I wanted to share so you all can see some of the cool things you can do. I would think anyone with these security camera's would want something similar.

So I created a stringify flow so I can say, "OK Google, did you hear that" and all my camera's record for 1 minute, and a light comes on, then after a couple minutes the light will turn back off....(I am in the process of getting all my flood lights on each corner of my house tied into my smart home so eventually all of them will kick on with this flow)Screenshot_20180109-165603.png

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scott2ya,

Very cool, thanks for sharing your creation with the community!

JamesC