Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Release Date for Arlo Pro - Australia

Discussion stats
Oldace
Follower
Follower

I am wondering if a release date is available yet for the ARLO PRO in Australia.

Cheers,

Oldace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The target for Arlo Pro release in Australia is March. Keep posted for additional updates.

2-28-2017 Update: April 12th will be the official Arlo Pro availability date (through JB HiFi and Harvey Norman).

JamesC

View solution in original post

122 REPLIES 122
Matty83
Star
Star

I also would like to know this. I did a chat to a reprosentative for netgear and didnt get told anything.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro release for regions outside the US will follow soon. Toward the end of the year or early next year. I do not have a specific date at this time.

JamesC

enrgisr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC I'm looking forward to getting this.
Tim4man
Tutor
Tutor

Is there any way on putting your name down on a waiting list for early release?

Stunew78
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Netgear, Is there any update on the release date of Arlo Pro for Australia?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stunew78,

Still no confirmed release date. If I get any new information on this topic, I will be sure to post it here.

JamesC

Wooshka
Guide
Guide

Any update on the release date of Arlo Go or Arlo Pro in Australia. Was hoping this would be pre-xmas.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wooshka,

I have escalated this topic and hope to be able to provide a more accurate release date soon. I will post more information when I receive a reply.

JamesC

Tim4man
Tutor
Tutor
Any date yet?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tim4man,

I still do not have a specific date but mid January seems to be the target. Keep posted for more information.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Will there be any way to preorder it once it is available?

TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wondering if there was any update on the launch of Arlo Pro in Australia. is it still on track for Mid-January?

Stunew78
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ordered units from the US via a freight forwarder. Just need to replace the 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply for the base station. Camera charger is voltage sensing and compatible with 240volts. All works perfectly

TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

brilliant.. can you share where and which power supply did you purchse for the base station?

I saw on bestbuy a 4 camera set was about 600USD. Forwarding from a provider like comgateway can be approx 30-40 USD.

Stunew78
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a spare switch mode power supply. Most routers take 12volt ranging from 1.5 - 2 amps. Should be many available on eBay. Forwarding expect to pay AUD$130

TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok makes sense.. I guess the forwarding is more because of the weight.

does the product include international warranty?

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Must be a lot of people waiting for this... and to think i almost bought the original Arlo. How did the import into Australia go? Is it still covered by warranty and support? What was the total in AUD after freight forwarding etc?
TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

I havent placed the order yet. The only place in the US where arolo pro is available is at bestbuy for 649.99 USD now. the earliest that can ship to the dispatch address is 5 Feb which means about 7 days from then the frieght forwarding company will have it here in AU. I was looking at ComGateway and the cost is actually not too bad. they charge US24 for first .5kg and then another US4 for each .5kg. Arlo pro pack is about 3kg in weight based on what I see on their website so will be about US44 for the shipping.

Reason for not yet placing an order is I am waiting for netgear to confirm if they have international warranty or is it country specific.

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Went to JBHiFi today. They said the Pro was on their system but had not yet arrived at warehouse.... so they thought it can't be too far away. I bought the standard 3 camera one today and will have to get the Pro to add to it, with a new base station when they come out soon... i couldn't wait any longer for the unknown date for the Pro release....
TheMask
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting.. are you sure they didnt check Arlo Q? I was at JB and it seems they checked that instead for me and at Harvey Norman they had nothing for Arlo Pro.

I hope you had JB do a price match or better 🙂 .. Harvey Norman seems to have the best price for the Arlo at the moment when compared across all vendors.

It would be good to get an official statement from Netgear on this.  Anyone from Netgear listening in.. can you please provide any update on the release date for Arlo Pro?

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Yes, they could have made a mistake..... I wasn't filled with confidence dealing with them. Yes, got the HN pricematch. Wish that i could have waited but who knows how long for... anyway, will get the Pro with a couple of cameras when it comes out.
donttrustthem
Star
Star

Since you bought a set of original Arlo you may want to wait longer than the Pro. SInce the Arlo GO and the new Arlo Baby are both (finally) 1080p HD it seems likely that there will be an upgraded or new add-on camera for the original and Pro base stations once Netgear have sold out of their manufacturing run of the older models...

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Yes, you could be right. I couldn't wait for the Pro to be released, so i bought 3 of the standard yesterday and plan to get two more of the Pro when they do come out (mainly so i can have the siren base station). Anyone know of a good (and available in AUS) a siren that works with IFTTT? Can't find the DLink one anywhere. I guess there will always be an upgraded model around the corner as with all technology...
donttrustthem
Star
Star

Mat_S,  also I was incorrect, the Arlo GO is still 720p HD, not 1080i.  Only the Q cameras and the Arlo Baby (once available) are 1080i FHD.

I don't need/want the siren as I don't live where anyone would hear it so it would just make the 'unwanted visitor' more aware that they were being recorded and more likely to break or steal the Arlo stuff.

So far, the Arlo Baby looks like it will be my favourite camera. 1080i real HD, sound and motion, "nearly invisible" IR, will stream to your device BEFORE it goes to the cloud when you are on the same wifi network, audio, can even check the environmental variables of the room. Not to mention it can CVR. All you have to do is take off the little bunny suit... or not.  And disable the lullabies... or not.