Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rules and Triggers

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have 3 arlo cameras. I am assuming that is why I have 3 rules I can apply but can't add any more.

I have #1 detect motion and trigger #2. I don't believe that #1 records unless I set up another rule to have it record which I have done.

If I have one rule left and I have camera 2 detect motion and trigger camera 1, then am I out of rules to have camera #3 record just by itself without being triggered?

9 REPLIES 9
SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe what you are saying you are trying to do is have motion on one camera trigger recording other/all cameras.   If so, this thread shows how to do that.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I totally missed the "Add a Mode" button on the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Dave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also there doesn't seem to be a limit as to how many rules you can use in one mode.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I believe the rules limit will depend on how many cameras you have. I maybe wrong.. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I agree. I have 3 cameras and 3 rules.

The "add a mode" doesn't do anythng for me as far as I can tell. Sure I can set up rules in that mode but I don't see how it would work if I want geofencing on.

What I really need is to be able to have more rules under my "armed mode" and it looks like the only way to do that is to add more cameras, especially if one is used as a trigger device.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Armed mode is just to get you started and for troubleshooting.  You need to create your own custom mode for full control.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

OK. Now I understand.

I forgot that undergeofencing I can choose the custom mode that I created.

Thanks for the info, it's been awhile since I've gone into the geofencing setup.

XCalRocketMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set up a rule/mode where one camera has motion detection on, but the others have no triggers at all?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure.  Any camera without a rule won't trigger - it's disarmed.  So, create a new mode and only create one rule in it for the camera you want to be armed.