Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
belindag
Tutor
Tutor

On the scheduling of recording, is there a way to set it up so after 5pm, you can record audio and motion on all the devices? and with notifications? we turn off notifications during the day because there is a lot of action, and it would notify every minute.  Just curious the different types of scheduling there is for cameras.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Schedule is really just a tool to turn on/off the Mode your using...The real story is the MODE

So yes, you can create custom Modes ( ADD A MODE ) to do almost anything and then place them in the Schedule for time slots.

read; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-with-different-rules-for...

While you CAN'T turn on the cameras to record at a certain time ( you can manually start a record anytime ), you can ARM them to record motion at anytime for a time frame as you want. ( these are "motion -detect then record " )

Also if you want some times with alerts on and other off, you create a second mode ( same as the first with alerts on ) but with alerts toggled off. You then can use the schedule or manually arm the NON-alert Mode which will record when motion but not sensd alerts.

You can also do the same for sense levels, I have two modes the same , one for regular days and one for stormy days, the diff is a lower sense level for stormy days so the trees/bushes give me fewer false triggers.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The scheduling remains the same - it's just a mechanism to schedule your modes.  What you need to do is to set up new custom modes with appropriate settings for the timeframe you want to use and then place them in the schedule.  It's all about the modes and rules, not the schedule.