Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Bigmrcia
Follower
Follower

Does the camera turn on everytime someone enters the room? Will it trigger the alarm siren in the system if the cameras are activiated? Do they work separately?

5 REPLIES 5
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
You will need to setup modes and rules to tell the cameras when to record, how long, etc. "Modes and rules let you tell your Arlo system what to do in different situations. For example, you can set your Arlo system to record a 30-second video when the motion sensor is activated on a specific camera and alert you via email." In addition, the siren can be manually triggered via the Arlo app or by creating a rule to trigger it when motion or audio is detected. Please review the following guide that will assist with creating modes and rules. Let me know if you get stuck or have any other questions.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bigmrcia wrote:

Does the camera turn on everytime someone enters the room? Will it trigger the alarm siren in the system if the cameras are activiated? Do they work separately?

Yes if the camera is ARMED

Yes if set to go off, and yes you can turn it off if wanted and still have the camera function 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rbiccw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tested siren manually by clicking on "Turn on siren". Blew my ears out! Could not deactivate by clicking on "Turn off siren". What gives!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It has worked for me to be able to turn on and off.  App or browser?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rbiccw,

The siren can be disabled by physically pressing the button on the base station or pressing the "Turn Siren Off" button in the interface.

As mentioned above, what client were you using when you experienced this issue?

JamesC