Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have turned my camera off and it still says "Armed"

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi

I have turned my camera off and it still says "Armed". This is obviously a software issue. Please fix.

I have four Arlo Pros and one Arlo Q. 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The first thing to try is to reboot the base via the power button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Rebooting, re syncing, closing the app does nothing. It's software related. How can a system show "Armed" when the camera is off. Try it on your own system and tell me what you get.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just did and the whole interface for that camera indicates it's off.  Try flushing the cache for the app and browser (have you tried both?) to see if that helps.

Image1.jpg

Retired_Member
Not applicable

After you disabled the camera, if you go to Mode you will see it is still armed correct? I've disabled all four cameras and it still says armed. Come to think of it maybe it's not a glitch but the way the program was written.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It says it's still armed because the base is armed even though you turned the cameras off now if you disarm the base all that does is disable motion detection that's what I do when I out working in the yard. Disarming the base is a lot easier then turning each camera off.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

MK6 wrote:

Come to think of it maybe it's not a glitch but the way the program was written.

And that's exactly what it is.. On/Off switch on each camera is simply just turning it off individually and nothing to do with the "Mode".. I believe this was part of the request that's later implemented on 1st Gen Arlo.. Before, there was no option at all to switch ON/Off the cameras.. The only option was in mode to only "Disarmed" all or nothing.. This was working for 1-cam only but when you have 2-5 cameras then it became a problem.. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's happened to me a few times where the system shows armed but the camera is still off.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

MK6 wrote:

It's happened to me a few times where the system shows armed but the camera is still off.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe an App Glitch/Bug.. With this new Update Arlo pushed through and people suddenly experiencing something odd to the system.. I hope Arlo Engineers will find the right solution to fix coz it's not looking good for some of us..