Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Ultraman1268
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wheb pressing the Two Way audio and can talk via the Arlo pro unit but cannot hear the response. Any solutions or is this a defect of the Arlo Pro Product

12 REPLIES 12
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
are you experiencing this on one or on each camera?
Ultraman1268
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried it on all the 4 cameras and they can hear you when you press the microphone button but I do not hear their response. They also say that what they hear is not very loud.

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
are you sure your firmware is up to date. I read this was an issue a while back and was remedied with a firmware update.
Ultraman1268
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi the 4 arlo pro units have the same firmware version 1.090.0.0_9945

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ultraman1268,

What client are you using that is behaving this way (mobile app, web browser)?

If using a web browser, do you see the same behavior when trying a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc)?

JamesC

Ultraman1268
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response

I'm using WIndows Explorer 10 on my desktop and i know it does not work with the twoway mic. I am also using my Iphone with OS10.2 I can talk but cannot hear any response. Will the Arlo Pro system support Windows Explorer - that is what I'm using most

I will try Google Chrome upon install - never used it so will check on it

Cheers

Kevin

Davemedic
Aspirant
Aspirant

2way audio on arlo pro not working. I hear people/sounds but can't talk to people through cameras. Using iPhone 6s with 10.2.1 software. What's the fix?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Right now, use a computer. The apps have an issue that seems to be related to the inability to change the mic gain, which you can do on a computer. I have an open ticket on this from late October with no resolution.
Bobs619
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. Sounds like there hasn't been any progress to resolve this. Looks like I'll have to return it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bobs619,

What device are you using that is behaving this way? Do you see a difference in behavior when using the web client?

JamesC

Bobs619
Aspirant
Aspirant
1. iPhone 6 using built in speaker and mic doesn't work.
2. Web client on pc works
3. IPhone 6 with Bluetooth headphones works

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bobs619,

I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC