Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two arlo base stations in the same house

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rissanando
Follower
Follower

Can you host operate two Arlo camera systems (Base stations) under the same household…for example if I have an Original Arlo security system with base station could I add Arlo Pro system with base station without compromising the frequency which each unit operates under?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. I have two. If your house is large, this is a good way to get better camera-base signal strength for all of them. What happens is the cameras are separated to each base

Eg Pro base has cameras A, B, C
Original base has cameras D, E

You can set each base to run different modes on different schedules etc

You can't cross trigger cameras on the different bases though. If you wanted, camera A motion could trigger camera B or C to also record but not cameras D or E.

If the signal is good to all cameras, you'd probably be better off just using the Pro base because it has USB backup in the event of internet loss as well as the built in siren.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. I have two. If your house is large, this is a good way to get better camera-base signal strength for all of them. What happens is the cameras are separated to each base

Eg Pro base has cameras A, B, C
Original base has cameras D, E

You can set each base to run different modes on different schedules etc

You can't cross trigger cameras on the different bases though. If you wanted, camera A motion could trigger camera B or C to also record but not cameras D or E.

If the signal is good to all cameras, you'd probably be better off just using the Pro base because it has USB backup in the event of internet loss as well as the built in siren.