Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
rdgwd
Guide
Guide

I purchased 5 cameras and planned on 4 more, however if you don't get your website working properly I'll return all 5 today!  For the last 3 hours I've been getting the "Please wait" message while trying to navigate arlo.netgear.com!  I wouldn't tolerate half ass work from a local company or even my kids, I sure in the hell won't tolerate it from a global multi-billion dollar corporation!  Put your money where your mouth is and get your service up to speed or shut it down!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdgwd
Guide
Guide

Right this second it is working, it's also currently working from the app (neither were working earlier).  I sure hope that it continues to work. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than ranting here, have you contacted Netgear Support?... Most people here are just other users and tho the thread will get read, it is quicker going directly from the Support Page ( bottom of page )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
garyh526
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I was first setting mine up, I would get this message alot. Then I realized it did that when there was another Arlo App open or somebody else was on it. Now that I know that, there is no issue. 

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I've found if I get that on the web client, I simply refresh the website and it typically works fine.
rdgwd
Guide
Guide

Negative.  May work for you, but it damn sure doesn't work here.  Even clearing cache, and re-opening the browser or using a different browser doesn't work.  Other sites work fine, it's arlo.netgear.com that is the problem. 

rdgwd
Guide
Guide

@TomMac there support isn't going to help me.  They need additional resources to handle the traffic.  A phone call to support isn't going to fix that.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There were massive AWS server outages yesterday evening, i wonder if it's still lingering in your area. I know Netgear uses AWS datacenters/servers.

rdgwd
Guide
Guide

That may be the what happened, if so it's still lingering around. Definitely not that more than one is logged in or trying to log in.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services

Morse is faster than texting!
rdgwd
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the link @TomMac, @manofice and @garyh526 thanks for the input as well.  According to the link (AWS live status outage map) I'm not experiencing an outage.  I'm in the south, between New Orleans and Mobile.  85 west of Mobile, and about 40 miles east of New Orleans. Probably still close enough in my book to be experiencing something.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it working now? How about from your phone app?

rdgwd
Guide
Guide

Right this second it is working, it's also currently working from the app (neither were working earlier).  I sure hope that it continues to work. 

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The AWS servers are load balanced as well, so it could work one time and the next you could be on a different server expierencing an issue. Glad it's working better for you.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great news. I'm sure it was probably due to the AWS server issue as noted earlier. Hope it continues a trouble-free run for everyone