Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

microphone can not connect with T-Mobile data? Only with wifi.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why mic phone can not connected with T-Mobile data? Only with wifi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this went out recently that should resolve issues with the push to talk feature when using a T-Mobile device on a data connection. Please let me know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Check your privacy settings and allow it to access

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Check your privacy settings under Microphone and allow it to access

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Also check your cellular data and make sure Arlo App is allowed to access.. see if this helps..

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't find where is the privacy setting I tried to push the mic phone it only appeared connecting......... but was not successful

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cellular data is allowed to access arlo pro app.

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got to access to mic phone pivacy setting is on now but still not working please help!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Try and Restart your phone.. see if that helps

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried........ but still not working......

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hmm.. that's strange.. Are you using iOS? Is your Tmobile Carrier firmware Updated? Like mine says Tmobile 28.4.. Any family member who has a Tmobile phone? Maybe try it on theirs and see just to troubleshoot.. Have you tried rebooting your Arlo system? Try uninstalling the Arlo App and re-install? Also, if you're using iOS.. You can go to your "Settings" and go scroll down and you should see Arlo App icon click on that and then you should see "Cellular Data".. if turned off.. turn it on.. and same goes to Microphone.. then restart phone.. Hope this will work..  

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please when I can find T-Mobile carrier firmware update?
I am using iphone7 plus

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Do this first.. Click "Settings" --> Scroll down and Click "Arlo" --> "Microphone" & "Cellular Data" <-- Turn these ON.. see if this works..

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked the T-Mobile firmware is up today 28.4 and uninstalled the arlo app and installed back turned off the base unplugged it few minutes after turn everything on turn the mic phone and cellular data are On. The results are so frustrating still no working.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

That's really strange.. Am sorry.. it didn't work.. Usually it should go through.. Under settings again.. Is your "Airplane Mode" turned On.. by any chance.. if it is.. turn it off.. If still not working, you can contact  support down below here.. 

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's your advise for now?

Edieu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the older model iPhone 4 T-Mobile carriers 27.3 is working well on mic phone without wifi but my phone currently is 28.4 please help how to downgrade to 27.3

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for investigation. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Bansyong
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having the same issue. I have iphone6 plus with iOS 10.3.2 and T-Mobile as carrier. But when I try to use my Samsung s7, push to talk feature works just fine. Is it the phone? The cellphone carrier? OS? I hope NETGEAR resolves this issue right away...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bansyong,

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

malcolmb
Tutor
Tutor

So I've been having this issue for awhile and it's been super frustrating because one of the main reasons I got Arlo was two-way communication with my dog if he does something he's not supposed to, like get on the counter... I followed all of the suggested remedies (uninstall, reinstall, power cycle phone, remove cameras, reinstall cameras, rest base station, factory reset phone, reinstall,...) Nothing worked. Turns out there is a solution, better, a work around. If you have a VPN that blocks IPv6 (I use Private Internet Access) the microphone will work over cellular. I believe (no expert here...) T-Mobile prefers IPv6 and it's not supported by the Arlo Pros (at least not for the two way audio), and P.I.A disables IPv6 to prevent "IPv6 leaks".

TL;DR

If you must have two-way communication, use Private Internet Access until the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

hedgehog26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VPN (different one, and does not have a setting to turn off IPv6.  I turned it on anyway and the mic works. Netgear should get this fixed.  It's really very disappointing.  Since then, I've refrained from recommending Arlo to friends and family if they have T-mobile.

Dn2015
Guide
Guide

Can also confirm that microphone feature not working on T-mobile network, but works when VPN is enabled.

Please update app to be compatible on T-Mobile network!!!

Reference link, T-mobile support also stating IPv6 protocol the culprit for netgear apps (RCloud).

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/141126

Kreds
Initiate
Initiate
Is there any update on this issue? I have been trying to get this to work but it does not. Please help me. This was the whole reason I went with Arlo as it is supposed to be the “best in the business”. Please let me know.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Kreds wrote:
Is there any update on this issue? I have been trying to get this to work but it does not. Please help me. This was the whole reason I went with Arlo as it is supposed to be the “best in the business”. Please let me know.

This issue has been brought up several months now.. A couple of new firmware updates came through and still not fixed.. Arlo Netgear supposedly investigating this issue but apparently just that nothing more..   I don't think this will ever be fixed... It would be a miracle to prove me wrong if Arlo Netgear actually cares  and fix it anytime soon.. I doubt it.. 

heeengky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Any update on Microphone issue for T-Mobile data user?  I have one month left to return this product if issue still persist.  Thanks.