Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

I know NETGEAR is still working on the messed up firmware update they sent to us that broke many peoples cameras.  Mine seems to be better then before.  HOWEVER, now thge motion senstivity isnt as good as it was before.  It doesnt pick up everything on an of the cameras like it used to (sometimes it misses motion).  Also At night, it seems to miss more then it did before.  You have to get really close to it for it to pickup anytything.  I have played with adjusting the motion settings and one of the cameras is now at 96% and night still doesnt work right until you get really close to it. 

Has something changed with the latest firmware?

7 REPLIES 7
sspring92
Star
Star

I’m having similar issues.  30 second delay before motion shows up.  No push notifications and now incoming audio is spotty and broken. 

Mirahan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Motion senstivity is delayed, no push notification, camera's become disconnected. I've restarted and reconnected everything and no luck. Any ideas?

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

I opened up a help desk ticket with Netgear, so I hope they respond soon.  I had an isue with my base station going offline and it seems to be working now, but no one called me back to let me know the issue was fixed and they told me they would.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

My motion sensitivity has been set to 97-100% and now it's also not picking up motion that it previously was, also my set recording times have been broken since 12/5/18, I contacted support on 22/5/18 regarding my recording times and I'm still waiting for them to email me with a fix. There is another thread on here regarding this issue and someone's car was broken into and his camera's didn't pick up motion so no recordings. I have had this system for 5 months and am now starting to wish I had waited a bit longer and done some more research as these are no longer working as advertised and I have a problem neighbor that decides to sneak onto my property around 4.30am and I need these to record so I  can have him arrested. This was the main reason I bought these and I have 5 camera's of which some will record occasionally for set time but now mostly record for 3 - 30 secs instead of 45-80 secs and miss activity. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just FYI -- my motion sensitivity is the same as it's always been. 4 cameras set to 90-95%, 3 inside the house, 1 inside a two car attached garage. All cameras pick up people and pets at 20-25 feet. Garage camera, which is in the back corner of the garage, with one of the two garage doors open, picks up the the riding lawn mower at 60-65 feet away (just had this happen last night). At 100% sensitivity it was picking up cars at 70+ feet. Not sure why some people are reporting their motion dectection has gotten worse.

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

It was worse, but from talking to NETGEAR, it appears they are deploying FIXES on the back end.  They told me there was an motion detection issue and they were getting ready to roll our a fix.  Mine was much better yesterday then it was in pervious days.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I can only assume that the motion dection issue and fix they are talking about is only for when the cameras are off. There's a current issue that hundreds have reported in the forum where when you turn the cameras off they still detect motion and still turn the IR lights on, which drains the batteries very quickly. When off the cameras shouldn't do anything. This issue showed up about 2 weeks ago and was reported to the Arlo engineers by the forum moderator.