Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

schedule just one of 3 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
peevee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras on my arlo pro. One of the three I would like to schedule to motion record when we're not home, the other two I'd like to record on motion 24/7. Is there a way to do this? I found this article

https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account

but when I click on mode, "my devices" just shows the arlo base station and not the individual cameras as the article implies.

other posts in the community say to create a new mode and add the camera you want to schedule, and then schedule it in the new mode and add the other cameras, but once I add the camera I want to schedule there doesn't appear to be a way to schedule it.

Any simple way to acheive what I want to do? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu if you click on the base icon, the cameras are listed....

In order to split your cams up, you have to break them into smaller groups with a new custom mode.

For the times you want the 2 cams and the 1 cam to record ( when your out ) just us the ARMED choice... all cams will be active.

For the two cams you want active all the time say called Outside., split them into a custom mode. Add A MODE, add the first camera and save. Go back and edit the new outside mode to add the second camera.

Use this mode when home, just use Outside ( no need for schedule at all )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu if you click on the base icon, the cameras are listed....

In order to split your cams up, you have to break them into smaller groups with a new custom mode.

For the times you want the 2 cams and the 1 cam to record ( when your out ) just us the ARMED choice... all cams will be active.

For the two cams you want active all the time say called Outside., split them into a custom mode. Add A MODE, add the first camera and save. Go back and edit the new outside mode to add the second camera.

Use this mode when home, just use Outside ( no need for schedule at all )

peevee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!

If I click on the home arlo icon, it does not show the cameras.

I created a mode for OUTSIDE, with the two cams I want on 24/7, but I can only select one mode at a time, if I select schedule all cams are off, if I select outside, just the two outside cams are on?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need 2 modes - one with one camera, another with all of them. Then schedule them as appropriate.

peevee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I'll create another mode.

Now I have two modes, one for outside that I want to be active 24/7 and one for inside I want active when I'm not home.

Nowhere in any of the modes is there a schedule option, nor can I select more than one mode at a time. In the "schedule" mode that exists automatically there is no option to select other modes to schedule. Does that make sense? That's where I get lost.

peevee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ohh I see inside the time blocks of the schedule mode there is an option to select the custom modes. got it. Select outside mode to run all the time and in schedule set the times to activate inside?

edit: It doesn't appear in the schedule you can have overlapping times, meaning I can't have outside armed all the time and then have inside armed over the top of that for limited hours.

peevee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

AH! Got it.

I see.

Create a mode for inside and a mode for outside.

for the times we're not home, create a schedule for ARMED so all cameras trigger on movement.

for the times in between create a schedule for OUTSIDE so only the outside cameras trigger on motion.

that works! Thanks so much!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

fantastic