Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rjq
Tutor
Tutor

I have snapshot images in my Library and I click download. the image shows up in my browser, but no idea if or where the image is stored on my local computer. It is not in   .\Libraries\Pictures\... 

Note:  Windows 10 laptop

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On win 10 it will be in the last folder you previously used to save to 

you can always search for the file locally or check the default download folder of your browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rjq
Tutor
Tutor

Image files are NOT saved to my computer.

image files are no where to be found.   the video files are saved to my Downloads file when I click Download.

I click 'Download' and the file opens up in the browser. File name shown in the tab, and is embedded in the url as shown here, ,(IE) :

https://arlos3-prod-z2.s3.amazonaws.com/   <REDACT>    D/snapshots/1494837825686.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=    <REDACT> Expires=1494924232&Signature=%2F  <REDACT> %3D

wildcard search for the filename in windows command line

C:\>dir *1494837825686*.jpg /s
 Volume in drive C is SSD
 Volume Serial Number is 1C61-CC32
File Not Found

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, I recommend you try FIRE FOX as your browser...

1)  you can pick you default download location

2) the meuu bar has a download icon ARROW, this allows you to see if the file was downloaded AND will show you the file loaction with one click

As a PS;  After you click on download. AND the piture appears in your browser, YOU RIGHT CLICK in the picture and then you can select SAVE AS so you can pick or change the picture name and or dictate it's location to save.

Morse is faster than texting!
rjq
Tutor
Tutor

My Bad.. I am using latest Firefox.  IE is my work platform, but I don't want to download to my work computer.

Of course I know I can  Right-Click and save as, but that really not the same as 'download' I can do the same thing when viewing an image from the Library. 

Again my claim is that  the 'Download' feature does not work for me, and there is little or no explanation of where the files are supposed to be stored locally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You might want to try setting a different location in the browser to see if that works. If so, revert to the original location and test.
rjq
Tutor
Tutor

As I shared in my original post, Download of a video file works as expected. The image files will not save/download locally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I normally use Chrome which works as you expect.  I tried FF and see what you mean - instead of downloading to your chosen location, it opens a tab with the image which then has to be manually saved by right-clicking on it. I tried finding the cached version in my profile with no success.