Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone can help me how to solve issue with setup mode "Geofencing" on ARLO Q PLUS. Everything seems fine until I click on last button "Done" then I got error "Internal Error". Also GPS and all functions works fine - just this mode seems invalid for last step.

Mobile: Samsung J5 2016

Android version: 7.1.1

Arlo app version: 2.4.6_18293 / released 10/05/17

Thank you

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gogik, jguerdat

I think the "/" character may be what is causing the issue. I will be attaching this report to an existing bug.

JamesC

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's odd unless somehow your phone is slightly incompatible somehow. Try logging out and back in and maybe restart the phone and reinstall the app.

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

I did what you suggested and still same error. Is there any debug mode where I can see what actualy went wrong? Message "Internal Error" says me nothing. Can I contact support directly? Netgear I mean.

Thank you

Jan

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

I tried same application ARLO on different mobile (older android) and still same issue. Any suggestions?

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

OK I tried same on my girlfriend's mobile, Huawei y5 II and same result - on last step "Done" it writes "Internal Error". Can anyone give me suggestion how to clean the bug? I hope we will find solution unless it has to be in application or camera issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's starting to sound like your network or ISP.  What ISP do you have and in what country? Have you tried both WiFi and cell service? How about a computer browser?

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

I use ISP called "UPC" in Europe, the Czech Republic (it is one of the biggest ISP here). I tried to connect by WiFi and I got same error "Internal Error". I cannot try it in computer browser since its function just for mobiles (mode) - GPS geofencing. Cell service? Do you mean that I should create a local Wi-Fi by my mobile and share it with Arlo Q Plus? (I am afraid of extra payment)

Any suggestion what should I setup in my switch? 

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, my mistake asking if it works using a computer browser.

By Cell servcie, I was asking about whether the phone was able to successfully complete the process  using cell service, not that you should try connecting the camera to a hotspot. It sounds like you've tried both cell service and WiFi and had the same result.

One last thing to try would be to use a different WiFi connection such as at an Internet cafe but I suspect that won't help. You may need to open a case with support here by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and then again on that new page.

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your help.

I would try to contact them, seems like there is Online Chat but its loading and nothing happens 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may be another symptom of your issue but it's impossible for me to tell for sure. Is there a phone number that you can call listed in that support page? You could try loading the app on a friend's phone to see if the same thing happens (delete the app once you're done).

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried another location than my camera is located. I was trying Rabasova 3195/43, 400 11 Ústí nad Labem and it goes to Internal Error. Since I am trying to setup anything else it works fine. But its nonse when I cannot setup my home address 😞 any idea what it could be? 

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

I have idea that address detail is too long for Arlo application and that is the reason why it goes to Internal Error. It should be repaired.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gogik,

Try removing all special characters from the address and see if you still experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

seems like its not the issue related to special chars because I setup nearest address which is "Šrámkova 22, 400 11 Ústí nad Labem - Severní Terasa, Česko" and it works fine. Maybe there is any translation to ENG before it goes to final mapping.

but its would be great if Netgear can check why every address cannot be added since its nonsense to setup neighboring address to make it works.

Thank you

Jan

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than setting the exact location by address, how about just using the GPS location?

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat,

When I use exact my GPS location to setup HOME ADDRESS it will find address which cannot be used (it just help that you must not type it, timeless searching) - once I tried to confirm all settings by button "Done" it goes to "Internal Error". Then I tried it from place where I work and that moment I realized there is bug in address because from my job it worked well (used GPS, then tried other address like Prague city and then my nearest location to my home).

I have no idea why this is happening but I am sure that I am not first guy who had problem to setup Geofencing by GPS where his address did not work. Maybe Netgear should take a look why this is happening - I was not able to contact them directly to report a "bug" but still no success - loading chat window and nothing happens.

Thank you

Jan

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC, would it be possible to open a case for Jan?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gogik, jguerdat

I think the "/" character may be what is causing the issue. I will be attaching this report to an existing bug.

JamesC

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

Good point,

I think same, let me know once it will be repaired.

Thank you

Jan

Gogik
Tutor
Tutor

All,

I have no idea how the issue was repaired. There is just exception for this issue. Instead of writting "Internal Error" I got error message "Input must be 32 characters long and should not contain any forward splash". I have to say its much better than error message before but its not solving my issue. Should I move from my home to work this mode? It sounds crazy to fix issue this way. I am really disappointed and I hope you will make a "real" fix.

Jan

ADDRESS_ISSUE.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation