Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a camera to Arlo Q Plus

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Grif11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Q Plus that I will connect via ethernet cable downstairs. I have spotty internet- and doing straight to the source seemed like the best option. If this works, fingers crossed, - I was hoping to add on.   I wanted to get a second camera for upstairs, which will need to be connected via WIFI/Bluetooth. What is the most economical way to do this? Its essentially to keep an eye on my dog- since he hangs out in my office while im out.  Im not sure if which Arlo is comaptable with the Q series. any help appreciated! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo And Arlo Pro will work as separate systems with the Q ...that is they can not be arme all at the same time but the Arlo gets armed and the Q cams get armed as individual units

Arlo is a "motion detect then record" type of system...dependin on how much you want to view or record makes a big diff if the system would work well for you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Grif11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I just need to monitor - camera 2 recording not as important. Thinking another arlo Q is the best option to arm simultaneously?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Grif11,

Arlo Q/Q Plus are standalone cameras. You can add a second Arlo Q to your existing account (allowing both to be view from the same account) but each will have to be armed and disarmed separately.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation