Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus Connection Issue

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bhermes2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am attempting to set up my camera and I have been unable to find the camera on my network thru the web app. The network cable is a working cable that I am connecting to the camera.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Any error message? Try a reset until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.
bhermes2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only error message would be that the web app times out and states that it cannot find the device. I have tried the reset once already. It is my work network, I may take it home and see if there is any difference on my home network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The work network may well be the problem.  Let us know how it goes at home.

muzicman61
Tutor
Tutor

How do you reset the Q Plus?  I don't see a reset button.  All i see is a small hole just about the LED on the front.  I've tried sticking a paper clip in there but I've never heard the camera "click". 

When I first plug my camera in it grabs an IP from my network.  But the software is never able to discover the device. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That little hole is it. If you use a paper clip, make sure it goes in squarely relative to the camera side. You should be able feel and even hear a click as the switch is pressed. Also, it takes 10 seconds or so of pressing the switch before something happens.

Make sure your phone or computer is on the same network (I.e. your home network). Cell service can't be used to set up Arlo.
muzicman61
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  I'll try that tonight when i get home.  Is there actually an audible click when the camera actually resets?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's what I've heard.
muzicman61
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, it turns out the reset button (hole) is on the side by the SD card slot.  Where is actually says "Reset". 🙂

However, after doing a reset, I start the wireless setup and get to the point where i point the camera at the barcode and the camera chimes.  After that it still can't discover the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Maybe old firmware. Make sure your SSID and passphrase only use alphanumeric characters.
muzicman61
Tutor
Tutor
Can't tell how old the firmware is but my wifi ssid and password is only alpha numeric.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the camera, did you wait for the click and LED flash?

If nothing else works, swap the camera at the store or open a case with support.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation