Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus - Email v. Push Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
monsoon_qld
Guide
Guide

I've done a bit of Googling about email vs push notifications and that's been about as helpful as another hole in the head, clear as mud so to speak.  ATM my Arlos are set to send both on sound and motion detection.  I was just wondering what the general consensus is; whether this is really necessary, which is better, and/or what most people have theirs set to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well let's start off how they both work...

Pushes come at the start of the " trigger" event.

Emails comes at the end of the video file creation.

The diff is time in that if your record time is 1 min, emails are sent 1 min plus after the " trigger" event

Which one you use , pushes or emails depends mostly on what you are hoping to capture and how important it is to you. Some of my cams that watch the elderly cat have all turn off as it not critical. Others have both set , like my front door.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well let's start off how they both work...

Pushes come at the start of the " trigger" event.

Emails comes at the end of the video file creation.

The diff is time in that if your record time is 1 min, emails are sent 1 min plus after the " trigger" event

Which one you use , pushes or emails depends mostly on what you are hoping to capture and how important it is to you. Some of my cams that watch the elderly cat have all turn off as it not critical. Others have both set , like my front door.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation